Micro-histories is an anthology of major historical texts on microforms, all published between 1900 and 1970 in Europe and the United States. These edited and annotated sources are accompanied by critical introductions and by new data on the practitioners, theoreticians, institutions, firms and technologies, which made this history.
The Micro-Histories Anthology is part of the research projects Encapsulating World Culture: The Rise and the Imaginary of Microfilm (1920s to 1950s) and On the Verge of the Computer Age: Microphotography and Image Retrieval Systems (1950s to 1980s) at the University of Lausanne with the support of the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Edited by Estelle Blaschke and Davide Nerini
- 1906 Sur une forme nouvelle du livre. Le livre microphotographique
- 1931 Das Registrierproblem in der Photographie
- 1935 New Tools for Men of Letters
- 1938 Microphotography. A Lay Appraisal
- 1938 World Brain
- 1944 The Scholar and the Future of the Research Library
- 1945 As We May Think
- 1946 The ASLIB Microfilm Service. The Story of its Wartime Activities
- 1949 The Rapid Selector
- 1951 Qu’est-ce que la documentation?